Sunday, February 11, 2024

Happy Birthday (II)

One last song for the birthday -- "Junk" originally released on McCartney (1970). My mother's older brother, who we called Boro Mamu, lived downstairs to us in our flat in Lalmatia in Dhaka in the late '70s and early '80s. He owned a copy of McCartney but for some reason, side one of the album was totally damaged and unlistenable so when I borrowed the album, I could only listen to side two, which included an instrumental version of the track which was called "Singalong Junk." For like decades I had no idea that there was a version of the track with actual words called "Junk," because it was on side one which I never heard until like the '90s or something.

Anyway, here is the instrumental version:


Here is the version with words, just called "Junk":


And here is the version from the Beatle days (1968) when McCartney demoed the track for possible inclusion on The White Album:

No comments: