Monday, August 08, 2011

Immersia

Sitting around doing nothing, waiting for the flight back. Days are going by. Eating. Sleeping. Doing nothing. I watched the entire first season of True Blood. I'm still living in 2008 apparently. I loved it -- who'd have thought white trash vampires would be this funny? Speaking of trashy but good: I can't wait to see the Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Then I tweaked my syllabi. I don't listen to that much music. I eat a lot. I do nothing. This is called ennui. Or as I like to call it: immersia.

The Baths album Cerulean was on my top 10 list for the year 2010. I'm too lazy to say much about it. Yeah, it's an acquired taste. Yeah, you have to listen to it with headphones on. And yeah, the bass and the beats are the shit. Here's the standout track "Lovely Bloodflow." Dedicated to you, out there in the New York heat.



When will I get back to New York? Not soon enough.

No comments: